Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

Request an amendment for nontaxable products

This article applies to:Avalara Returns

If you need to file an amendment to your return due to a nontaxable product, contact your Account Manager by opening a support case.


Credits and rebills must be done in a specific order. To create a return invoice with tax and a new nontaxable sales invoice: 

  1. Identify the sale invoice that need adjusting.
  2. Create a return invoice with tax to offset the original sale.
  3. Map the product to a nontaxable Avalara tax code.
  4. Generate a new sales invoice.
  • Was this article helpful?