As part of setting up a company, your client must sign the funding powers of attorney (POA). This document authorizes Avalara, Inc. to pay the tax on your client's behalf by withdrawing funds from their bank account. You can send a funding power of attorney request when you initially add a company. If you didn't send a funding POA request when the company was added, follow these instructions.
A funding POA is required for each legal entity.
Before you begin
Identify the company officer who can provide banking information and authorize withdrawals from their company's bank account. A completed funding POA is required for Avalara to begin filing the company's returns.
- In Managed Returns for Accountants, select Settings > Companies.
- Filter to find the company you want to update.
- Select ⋮ > Request Funding POA.
- Enter the contact email address, then select Send.
- An email is sent requesting the client to complete the funding POA form.
- You can track the status of the request in the Funding POA column of the Settings > Companies page.
As you monitor your client's company information, it is important to notice when your client wants to change bank accounts or banks. If your client decides to make a change, you must request a new funding POA.
If we encounter any issues that prevent us from withdrawing funds from the client's bank account, Avalara contacts the client directly to arrange for a new funding POA.