As part of setting up a company, your client must sign the funding powers of attorney (POA). This document authorizes Avalara, Inc. to pay the tax on your client's behalf by withdrawing funds from their bank account. You can send a funding power of attorney request when you initially add a company, or at any time after.
A funding power of attorney is required for each company.
Before you begin
Identify the company officer who can provide banking information and authorize withdrawals from their company's bank account. A completed funding POA is required for the Compliance team to approve filing calendars.
- In Managed Returns for Accountants, select Settings > Companies.
- Filter to find the company you want to update.
- Select ⋮ > Request Funding POA.
- Enter the contact email address, and select Send.
- An email is sent requesting the client to complete the funding power of attorney form.
- You can track the status of the request in the Funding POA column of the Settings > Companies page.
As you monitor your client's company information, it is important to notice when your client wants to change bank accounts or banks. If your client decides to make a change, you must request a new funding power of attorney.
If we encounter any failure to fund issues, Avalara contacts the client to arrange for a new funding POA.