You want to disable posting transactions to AvaTax in WooCommerce.
- SkyVerge, the plugin developers for AvaTax for WooCommerce, have a customization that will support this workflow.
- It disables sending documents for orders to Avalara, leaving only the cart / checkout tax calculations in place. This means a final calculation on the order is not done, which would also affect refunds.
- We recommend doing refunds outside of WooCommerce, then doing a manual refund in WooCommerce for record-keeping only, if you use this workflow.
- Use this code snippet to disable sending order documents
- For more information about adding code snippets to your site see the SkyVerge Blog