Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

How do we create a credit for overpaid taxes in Avalara TrustFile?


You overpaid taxes for a Tax Period and would like to create a credit in Avalara TrustFile.


Avalara TrustFile


  • We recommend you contact the Department of Revenue to get a credit for overpaid taxes.
  • Currently, Avalara TrustFile software does not have the ability to file an amended return.
    However, if the payment has already gone through, you need to contact the State to get approval to enter a credit in line 8.
    If the payment has not gone through, you should still be able to file an amended return, which you would also need to contact the State to do so.


  • Was this article helpful?