Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

How do I add an annual return in TrustFile for CA when the starting month is not January?


You need to add a return for California for an annual frequency, and your starting month is not January. 




  • For the form, instead of selecting a CA BOE 401 A2, you can select the CA BOE 401 A2 [month] Fiscal. 
  • This will update the start month, based on your frequency. 
  • If you have already added the form, and you need to update the start date, go to Current Returns
    • Click on View - for California
    • Click on the Form name
    • Select the Fiscal form from the dropdown:

  • Was this article helpful?