Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

How do I file an amended return using TrustFile?


You need to file an amended return and would like to know how to do so in TrustFile.




  • It is not possible to file an amended return in TrustFile. TrustFile only prepares and files current period's returns and does not allow the change of a previous period's returns.

  • To amend a return, you will need to coordinate with the state's Department of Revenue directly.

  • If you are wondering how refunded transactions can be accounted for when filing through TrustFile if amended returns are not possible, all refunded transactions are added onto the current period's returns as credits so no amended returns are needed to be filed for refunded transactions.


  • Was this article helpful?