You created a rule that isn't being used when I make a transaction when it should be.
- All rule settings must be present in the transaction for the tax rule to apply:
- Tax region (Whichever rule is created to apply in)
- Tax code (if present in rule)
- Entity Use Code (if present in rule)
- Review other rules to see if another custom rule is overriding the rule in question:
- When another tax rule exists that has the same selections made, and is more specifically tied to your transaction (example, there is a rule with the same settings that also has a tax code, whereas your rule has no tax code listed) then that other rule is being applied to the sale instead.
Note: When making tax rules specific to an item be sure to map the rule to the code that Item is passing.