A specificis not taxing correctly in one or more states.
- It's possible that AvaTax isn't taxing the way you have been taxing these specific items because your business has a special arrangement or direction from the state, or your items include a feature that is not covered in the particular tax code you are using.
- If you are concerned that the tax code is applying tax incorrectly for all Avalara customers, please send documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org, including:
- Avalara tax code in question
- Current documentation from the state that shows the taxability of that item
- Document code for a transaction with the tax code where you received unexpected results
- Please tell us what tax you expected
- Specific state where taxability was intended for that transaction (just in case the unexpected tax is due to an issue with the transaction addresses, not the tax code)
- We'll provide this information to our content team to research.
For more information, see manage product taxability.