You want to know what to do when you receive a reminder to file email from the Department of Revenue.
- These are automated emails that you can choose to receive when you register to file or set up your efile account with the Department of Revenue.
- Unless they have a delinquent amount due or say that your filing is delinquent, you do not have to forward these emails to Avalara.
- Please make sure that you have an Active Filing Calendar for the jurisdiction within the Admin Console, so Avalara can file on your behalf
- If you need to add a filing calendar to make sure the return is filed on time, please review the instructions below:
- All return filings done by Avalara are completed by the 20th of each month, so there is no need to update your filing calendar if the email says you are an early filer.