Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

Can I override the tax on a Streamlined Sales Tax State (SST)?


You want to remove the tax or change the tax rate on an invoice, but you're registered as a Streamlined Sales Tax (SST) filer in the state.




If you're registered for SST in a state, you can't make changes using tax overrides. For more information, see SST Transaction Requirements.

There are two exceptions to the above. Overrides may be used if:

  1. The location code indicates that the marketplace remits. See Add an online marketplace to your company profile.
  2. It's a return invoice transaction. See Reconcile and file using Returns.