You want to process a transaction for tax only in SalesForce.
AvaTax for SalesForce
- You must be using the newest version of the Avalara for SalesForce software (version AvaTax for Salesforce Opportunity 188.8.131.52)
- Enable the feature:
- Go to TaxNOW settings > under TaxNOWSetting Detail select Allow Tax Override checkbox
- Add a Tax Amount product to your product list which has a Sales Price of $0
- Use on a transaction:
- In your sale in SalesForce: add the Tax Amount product > click Edit next to the product > enter the amount in Sales Tax Amount
- The specific amount you enter in tax amount will be sent to Avalara as the entire sale value, showing as tax only
Note: A tax override tax amount will still be applied even if the customer is exempt (Exemption or Entity Use Code). Tax override enables you to tax a typically nontaxable customer. It is not possible to use the Tax Override if you are using SST service and the transaction is destined for an SST state.