The Sage 500 startup assistant says that the credentials are incorrect, even though we know the credentials are correct, and we are looking at the correct endpoint.
Here are the steps to resolve:
- Locate the AvaTax folder in the Program Files (x86) directory find the bin directory in that directory tree.
- Create a “register_for_com.bat” file in that folder.
- Right-Click and Select Edit on the file.
- enter the following text:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\regasm.exe avalara.avatax.adapter.dll /tlb /codebase
- Once this is done, right-click and run as administrator.