You want to know what options you have to exempt a customer in Sage 500.
- Use the Entity/Use Code field: This can be mapped to your customers in AvaTax>Maintenance>Entity Use Code Mapping
- Enter the customer number, address number and the entity use code matching their exemption type
- Use the Exemption Number field: AR>Maintain Customers>Bill To/Ship To>Sales Tax...>Exemption #
- List the exemption number at the state level.
- You can also use the Avalara CertCapture service or the Admin Console ECMS in AvaTax Calc