When accessing any screen that AvaTax is integrated with, or when trying to calculate tax, you get the error stating that avalara.avatax.adapter.dll needs to be registered:
"Error Message: DLL not registered"
Sage 100 - Standard only, not Advanced or Premium
- Error messages referencing a dll or file registration, most common with Sage 100 Standard ERP (formerly MAS 90) NOT Advanced or Premium, can be easily resolved.
- Here are the steps to resolve:
- Locate the AvaTax folder in the MAS90 directory and copy it to the C: drive on the local workstation.
- Once copied, locate “register_for_com” in that folder.
- Right-Click and Select Edit.
- Replace the text with the following:
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\regasm.exe avalara.avatax.adapter.dll /tlb /codebase
- Please Note: The AvaTax integration for Sage 100 2014 and 2015 now use .NET Framework 4, so please use the correct file path for the appropriate version.
- Also, it may be necessary to specify the full file path to the avalara.avatax.adapter.dll file.
- Once this is done, run command prompt as administrator.
- NOTE: In Windows 8 you will want to locate the cmd.exe file located in C:\Windows\System32\ right click and select "Run as Administrator". The native Win 8 command line tool does not run with elevated privileges by default.
- In command prompt, type “ cd c:\AvaTax\” and hit enter. (This is the default path, it can be different depending on the path used for the install of that specific workstation)
- Type “Register_for_com.bat” and hit enter.
- You will see a bunch of messages, but the one we look for says “Type registered successfully”.