You want to know how to track your carry-over credits within AvaTax.
- Carry-over credits can be tracked by using the Liability Worksheet Carry Over Credit export report in AvaTax Update.
- In AvaTax, go to Reports.
- Select Liability & Tax Return Reports.
- From the Report Category dropdown, select Liability Worksheet Reports.
- From the Report Name dropdown, select Tax Liability Worksheet Carryover Credits.
- Select the rest of the details and click Generate and download report.
- This report can only be run one month at a time.
- The credit will have a status of:
- Applied meaning that is has added to your return, reducing the amount due to the jurisdiction.
- Carry-Over meaning that the return is not set to be filed so it cannot apply or exclude.
- To see an Applied or Excluded status, please run the Liability Worksheet Carry Over Credit export report for the last month of the reporting period.
- Excluded meaning that the tax amount in the current period is less than the credit causing it to carry over to apply to a future period.