What is happening
Effective January 1, 2021, Delaware taxpayers will be required to file through the new online portal available at https://tax.delaware.gov. This new portal will allow all taxpayers to file and pay gross receipts tax returns, as well as other taxes, online. Taxpayers will no longer be able to file through the previous website.
What you need to do
You need to create a portal account with the state of Delaware before January 1, 2021 and then update your filing calendar in AvaTax with the new credentials.
Create a portal account and link it to your tax account
- Go to the Delaware Taxpayer Portal website https://tax.delaware.gov
- Click on Create a new user and set up your portal account.
- Link your portal account to your tax account. See FAQ - How do I link my portal account to my tax account(s)?
NOTE: The simplest way to link your account is via PIN. PIN communications are mailed to the Taxpayer Entity’s address as registered with the Division of Revenue. If you do not have a PIN or you PIN has expired, please contact the Division of Revenue at 1-302-577-8200 to receive a new PIN.
Update your filing calendar in AvaTax
After you have created a new portal account with the state of Delaware, update your AvaTax filing calendar.
- In Avatax, navigate to Returns > All Scheduled Returns. Click the pencil icon next to the Delaware return to edit it. (For general information on editing your returns, see Edit your scheduled returns.)
- Update the new credentials and save changes.