You want to know how to handle the new requirements for filing in Washington D.C.
- Why do I need to set up a new account?
The District of Columbia has changed the platform they use for sales and use e-filing effective 11/1/17. Taxpayers are no longer able to file or pay sales and use tax using the previous platform, so for us to continue to e-file, a new account needs to be set up. Information from the previous website wasn't carried over to the new platform, thus the need to set up a new account. In addition, effective November 2017, DC is mandatory electronic: https://mytaxdc.wordpress.com/2017/10/03/whats-new-sales-and-use-tax-filing-requirements/
- When do I need to set up this account?
To ensure that we are able to file your returns electronically, please set up your MyTax.DC.gov account as soon as possible.
- Help! I’m having trouble setting up my new MyTax.DC.gov account.
For assistance creating your account at MyTax.DC.gov, please call the DC Office of Tax and Revenue Customer Service Center at (202) 727-4829.
- I already set up a new MyTax.DC.gov account – what do I do now?
Send a confirmation email to AvataxReturns@avalara.com to ensure that we can send the request for Third Party Access.
- AvalaraDC is already set up with Third Party Access to my MyTax.DC.gov account. What now?
You have completed the actions needed to grant Avalara Third Party Access on the MyTax.DC.gov website, so no further action is required at this time.