I want to know how to add a Pre-Payment or Prior Payment to my Liability Worksheet.
- In the Admin Console go to Tax Returns > Liability Worksheet:
- Click > next to the state/province/country you need to make the entry
- Click the numbers in blue in the Remit to Avalara column
- In the Remit to Avalara Details window enter the Prior or Pre-Payment amount > Save
- Pre-Payment is a payment that you need to remit in addition to your tax liability.
- Prior Payment is a payment you have already paid on your own via some other method and need to add to your worksheet to reduce that amount due.
- If you are unable to enter the prepayment amount, it may be because the liability worksheet has not yet been built for the period in question.
- If you are trying to enter a prepayment for Q4 for instance, you will not be able to do so until January 1.
Note: You can only edit the prepayment and prior payment if you have not approved the return and we are not automatically calculating a prepayment for that regular filing. If the area is grayed out, so you cannot update the amount, you need to email email@example.com to have it updated: