You need to know if Avalara files Washingtontax returns.
- Avalara calculates and remits state B&O tax based on taxable and non-taxable Washington sales listed on your liability worksheet.
- Please review How is the Business and Occupation amount on the WA liability worksheet calculated for more information on how those figures are added to your WA worksheet.
- If you have special B&O reporting requirements that are different from our default calculation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is possible you may need to provide us a B&O breakdown of sales and/or tax, for each filing period depending on the complexity.
- For example:
- If you require Services be calculated instead of Wholesale, we can make this manual adjustment each filing period.
- If you require Services and Wholesale to be calculated, this would require you to provide a B&O breakdown each period.
- To add a Washington state return, go to the Manage Filing Calendars page in the Admin Console.
- The WA MultiPurpose Sales form is for non SST subscribers
- The WA B&O Combined Excise form is for SST subscribers
- State B&O tax will be included on each of these forms, unless you tell us otherwise
- If your company is required to file a local B&O return, contact your Customer Account Manager (CAM) to discuss Avalara's Premium Returns Service. Or you can use an alternative solution such as filing in-house.