I would like to know how to make a customer taxable or nontaxable in Quickbooks Online?
QuickBooks Online (QBO)
- In the Avalara Admin Console Settings > Exemption Certificate Options > Optional
- Once you have made this change, log into Quickbooks Online.
- To make a customer EXEMPT: In QBO open the customer record > Edit > Tax Info tab > enter the exemption certificate number (or any text) in the Resale # field. This will exempt them from sales tax, evenif they are otherwise taxable.
- To make a customer Taxable: Click the This customer is taxable checkbox.
- To make the customer Non-Taxable (rather than exempt): Uncheck the This customer is taxable checkbox.