You're receiving the error "Please restart QuickBooks and try again" when going to the Avatax menu in QuickBooks Desktop.
Please restart your computer
If that does not solve the issue:
- Close QB and open task manager. Look for Avatax/Avalara and QBW32. End those processes.
- Download the software from the Admin Console as shown in step 1 here.
- Open the folder and run the installer Avalara AvaTax for QuickBooks 1.00.79.00.exe
- Choose the Uninstall option and follow the steps
- Open Windows File Explorer and remove the avatax folder in C:\Program Files (x86)
- Open the installer again and choose the install option, and follow the onscreen steps.
- Open QuickBooks as normal.