There are old invoices in our QBO environment that are suddenly making tax requests through AvaTax4QBO and we're not sure why.
Inuit maintains records of transaction updates in CDC queue ( Change Data Capture ).
Our integration a.k.a Backend service pings this CDC for every 2 min and considered the last 2 min modified data for tax calculation or address validation.
From this CDC we only consider transactions of these type :
- Sales Receipt
- Customer card ( Address validation)
Identified Events which will add entry in Intuit CDC :
- New Transactions created.
- Old transaction updated and saved.
- Transactions imported in QBO account
- Scheduled transactions executed in Intuit
- Payments accepted on transactions ( Partial or Full )
- Customer card new record or updates on existing
- Note : We consider document date for any transaction for tax calculation.