After a CB-101 error there is no Avatax popup when starting QuickBooks and there is no AvaTax folder under File.
- To resolve this Exit out of QuickBooks and turn off all QuickBooks and Avatax processes in the Task Manager.
- Go to Task Manager on your computer > Processes tab > stop any processes starting with "QB", "Avalara", or "Avatax"
- Go to Program Files (or Program Files x86) > Avalara > AvaTax Adapter > Bin
- The file path is most likely C:\Program Files (x86)\Avalara\AvaTax Adapter\Bin
- Double click Subscribe.exe
- Now run QuickBooks as administrator (Right click QuickBooks icon and click Run as administrator)
- Avatax should start with QuickBooks and all processes should work as normal
- If Avatax is still missing, do the following:
- Have all other users log out of all QuickBooks companies and shut down QuickBooks, only you can keep QuickBooks open
- Change QuickBooks to Single user mode
- Click Edit > Preferences > Integrated applications > Company Preferences
- Make sure all Avatax options have a check next to them. If not add.
- Save by hitting ok.
- You will be prompted to answer a certificate question: ONLY choose Yes, whenever this QuickBooks company file is open.
- Log out of QuickBooks
- Log back in normally, and you should see the Avatax pop up, as well as Avatax in the File menu.