AvaTax is not present after an upgrade.
- Log out of Quickbooks
- Pull up the Task Manager and close all QB, Quickbooks, Intuit, and Avalara processes
- Right click on the Quickbooks icon and choose "Run as Administrator"
- Log into Quickbooks as the Administrator User
- If you now see the AvaTax menu under File, go to File > AvaTax > Configuration > General > Test Connection
- If you still do not see the AvaTax option under the File Menu, then uninstall and reinstall AvaTax while logged in as administrator