When trying to use QuickBooks and AvaTax, you are running into an error that says:
"CB-331: ticket parameter is invalid"
- This is a QuickBooks error that occurs if the SDK loses it's internal COM connection to QuickBooks, or QuickBooks, for some reason, kills the connection to AvaTax
- This error can also occur if you do not log out of a Company File, before logging into another Company file
- If you are using multiple companies, first log into the Company File utilizing AvaTax then log into your second Company File which is not using AvaTax
- To resolve this error, close QuickBooks completely, stop your application and have it disconnect from QuickBooks
- If you are using the Web Connector, return -1 to indicate an error and close the connection
- Then pull up the Task Manager > Processes tab on your computer
- End all the processes starting with "QB", "Intuit", "AV", "AvaTax", and "Avalara"
- Now you will Right-click on the Quickbooks icon and choose Run as Administrator
- Log in as the Admin User
- Go to File > AvaTax > AvaTax Configuration > Test Connection button
- If you can now access Quickbooks and AvaTax and did not receive an error from the Test Connection, you may continue working in Quickbooks.