Getting an error while installing Quickbook Desktop on a new machine
Because you are getting the error "AvaTax for Quickbooks.msi", we would suggest to follow the following steps:
1) Uninstall AvaTax from the machine via Control Panel.
2) Restart the machine.
3) Login as ADMIN with complete access.
4) Make sure QB is closed (with no process running in the background).
5) Now, install the AvaTax with ''Run as Administrator" option.
6) Installation should be successful with no error further. Try sending a test transaction.