You are receiving error message CB-211 and want to know how to get rid of it.
- This error is triggered by having multiple instances of AvaTax for QuickBooks Desktop running simultaneously.
- Only one instance of QuickBooks Desktop can be running at a time.
- Make sure all workstations are using the same version of AvaTax
- Go to Edit > Preferences > Integrated Applications > Company Preferences
- There should only be one version of AvaTax listed
- If there is more than one version, click on each and press Properties
- Find the most recent version and delete the other AvaTax version
- To clear the error, shut down all running instances of QuickBooks Desktop, and re-launch a single instance.
- If the error is regarding Access to path denied, please give your user full control over the Avalara folder found under C:/Program Files (x86)
- If you are on a server, you will need to check the Avalara folder permissions on the server itself and ensure all users have Full Control.
- This error can also occur from a corrupt error list XML file.
- If you have tried all the above steps and they do not resolve this issue please log out of QuickBooks, find the error list XML file and delete.
- In Quickbooks press the F2 key and write down the location of the company file.
- Go to this location and there should be an Avalara folder here as well.
- Delete the CompanyName_ErrorList file
- QuickBooks will force the integration to create a new error list file without corruptions or errors, once you restart Quickbooks