The Avalara developers may need the verbose logs from QuickBooks in order to determine what is necessary to resolve an issue.
To turn on verbose logging in QuickBooks:
- Close QuickBooks and all processes
- Go to c:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks and open qbsdk.ini file in edit mode.
- If you can't find the file, or directory then go to Start - Run - "c:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks" <enter> and then edit qbsdk.ini.
- Still If qbsdk.ini is not there, just create it on the same path.
- Add or modify the following lines:
- Go to Program files(x86)/Avalara/AvaTax Adapter/Bin folder
- Run as admin - Unsubscribe.exe
- Run as Admin - unregister_for_callback
- Run as Admin - unregister_for_Adapter
- Run as Admin - register_for_Adapter
- Run as Admin - register_for_callback
- Run as Admin - Subscribe.exe
- Restart QuickBooks and run your program. Reproduce the issue. This will generate the required log file as "qbsdklog.txt".
- Please send this file to Avalara support by replying to one of the emails you got from the case.
- When you are all done debugging, don't forget to restore the Level in qbsdk.ini to: