The Avalara developers may need the verbose logs from QuickBooks in order to determine what is necessary to resolve an issue.
To turn on Verbose logging in QuickBooks:
- Close QuickBooks
- Open Task Manager, end all QuickBooks and Avalara processes.
- Go to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks
- Open 'QBSDK.ini' file in Edit mode.
- If you can't find the file, or directory then go to Start - Run - "c:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks" <enter> and then edit qbsdk.ini.
- If qbsdk.ini is not in the directory, just create it on the same path.
- Add or modify the following lines:
- Go to C:\Program files(x86)/Avalara/AvaTax Adapter/Bin folder
- Unsubscribe.exe - Run as admin
- unregister_for_callback - Run as admin
- unregister_for_Adapter - Run as admin
- register_for_Adapter - Run as admin
- register_for_callback - Run as admin
- Subscribe.exe - Run as admin
- Restart QuickBooks and run your program.
- Reproduce the issue. This will generate the required log file as "qbsdklog.txt".
- Please send this file (qbsdklog.txt) to Avalara support by replying to one of the emails you got from the case.
- When you are all done debugging, don't forget to restore the Level, UnlimitedSize and DumpRequestData in qbsdk.ini to: