When using Jobs in QuickBooks, the customer code is not the same as the parent/original customer code/name. This generally doesn't matter for tax calculations, but is important when using ECMS, or AvaTax CertCapture to exempt customers.
- The customer code when jobs are used will be the parent customer name, followed by a ':', followed by the job name.
- Take the below situation as an example:
- Parent customer name: Walmart
- Job name: Store #384
- The customer code in AvaTax for this job would look like: "Walmart:Store #384".
- After v79 of Avatax for QuickBooks, the above is no longer true.
- Only the customer name comes across, the job name no longer does.