You see a utility on the Tax Calculation tab "Customer Tax Item Update Utility" and want to know how it is used.
- File > AVATAX > Configuration > Tax Calculation tab > Customer Tax Item Update Utility
- You can use it to update all Customer records with the AVATAX tax item, causing that tax item to be selected by default each time you create a new document for each customer.
- Select a sub-set of Customers, sorted by either:
- Display Name - first character
- Country (note: requires all customers to have a country entered on their record before this section is active)
- Upon completion of using this utility, a summary will be displayed with the details of each change.
Note: This feature can also be used to change all Tax Items to a different selection, if desired, such as a Non-AVATAX selection in the case of uninstalling the integration and wanting to revert to a previous Tax Item.
If the above mentioned steps do not work, you can manually update all Customer records with the AVATAX tax item using QuickBooks native tools.
- In QuickBooks, click List > Add/Edit Multiple List Entries
- At left under List drop down select Customers
- Click Customize Columns (upper right)
- Under Available Columns choose Tax Item, then click Add
- Move the Tax Item column to the top of the list of Chosen Columns
- Click Ok
- You should now see a Tax Item column
- In the Tax Item column, choose AVATAX (top of list) for first customer
- Right click on AVATAX then choose Copy Down
- Depending on how may customers you have it may take a few minutes for all customer to update to AVATAX
- Click Save Changes