You would like to begin exempting your customers in Quickbooks by using the AvaTax Entity Use Codes.
- You will first need to enable the Entity Use Code functionality in the AvaTax settings
- Now go to the Customer Record and enter the Edit page
- Click the Additional Info tab
- In Customer Type add the entity use code you wish to pass, for example: G for a Resale exemption.
- For all future transactions, the Entity Use Code you entered in the Customer Type field will be included on transactions to AvaTax.
- Here is a link to the list of all AvaTax Entity Use Codes
- If you do not have any Entity Use Codes in the Customer Type list, you will need to enter them.
- To use the Entity Use Codes as exemptions, the entry can only be one letter.
- If you want to add a Resale Entity Use Code, then type in only the letter "G"
- If you want a generic exemption code, then type in only the letter "L"