An uninstall and reinstall of the Avatax for Quickbooks integration may be necessary if you begin receiving certain errors (SB-251, cb-291, etc.), or other indications that the integration may be corrupted or broken.
To uninstall the AvaTax for QuickBooks connector from QuickBooks, perform the following steps.
- For QuickBooks 2011 & 2012, while logged into QuickBooks, navigate to Edit > Preferences and ensure that "Keep QuickBooks running for quick start-up" is UNCHECKED. For QuickBooks 2010 and older, ignore this step.
- Close out & exit QuickBooks. Enter the Windows Task Manager, click on the Processes tab, and ensure that QBW32.EXE is not running. If it is, end the process.
- Navigate to the workstations Add / Remove programs feature, found within the Windows Control Panel.
- Locate the AvaTax for QuickBooks item and uninstall completely.
- (OPTIONAL) Once the Uninstall is complete, navigate to C:\Program Files\ (or C:\Program Files (x86) for 64-bit Windows) and delete the Avalara folder. NOTE: Doing this will completely remove all the Avatax for Quickbooks credentials and settings from the computer.
AvaTax for QuickBooks is now uninstalled.
If you need to reinstall the Quickbooks connector, please click here.