I'd like to uninstall AvaTax from my computer or server and stop using it with QuickBooks completely.
*NOTE* Before uninstalling, change the tax schedule for all customers from AVATAX to what it was prior to installing AvaTax. You must use the Customer Tax Item Update utility BEFORE you uninstall AvaTax.
- To uninstall the AvaTax for QuickBooks connector from QuickBooks on a workstation, perform the following steps.
- Log into QuickBooks, navigate to Edit > Preferences and ensure that "Keep QuickBooks running for quick start-up" is UNCHECKED.
- Also under Edit > Preferences > Integrated Application > Company Preferences > Details > Remove "AvaTax" > click OK
- Exit QuickBooks.
- Enter the Windows Task Manager, click on the Processes tab, and ensure that QBW32.exe, AvalaraEventCallBack, or AXLBridge is not running. If it is, end the process.
- Navigate to the workstations Add / Remove programs feature, found within the Windows Control Panel.
- Locate the AvaTax for QuickBooks item and uninstall completely.
- Once the Uninstall is complete, navigate to C:\Program Files\ (or C:\Program Files (x86) for 64-bit Windows) and delete the Avalara folder.
- AvaTax for QuickBooks is now uninstalled.