I'd like to uninstall AvaTax from my computer or server and stop using it with QuickBooks completely.
*NOTE* Before uninstalling AvaTax, change the 'Tax Item' for all customers from AVATAX to what it was prior to installing AvaTax. You can use the AvaTax Customer Tax Item Update utility or the QuckBooks Add/Edit Multiple List Entires utility.
To use the AvaTax Customer Tax Item Update utility. Go to File > AvaTax > Configuration > Tax Calculation > Customer Tax Item Update utility (depending on connector version this feature may not be available).
To use the QuickBooks Add/Edit Multiple List Entires utility. Go to Lists > Add/Edit Multiple List Entires.
- To uninstall the AvaTax for QuickBooks connector from QuickBooks on a workstation, perform the following steps.
- Log into QuickBooks, navigate to Edit > Preferences and ensure that "Keep QuickBooks running for quick start-up" is UNCHECKED. (Not applicable in QuickBooks Desktop 2018).
- Go to Edit > Preferences > Integrated Applications > Company Preferences.
- Select AvaTax > click Remove then click OK.
- Exit QuickBooks
- Open Windows Task Manager, click on the Processes tab, and ensure that QBW32.exe, AvalaraEventCallBack, or AXLBridge is not running. If it is, end the process.
- Open Windows Control Panel. navigate to Add / Remove programs
- Locate AvaTax for QuickBooks, click Uninstall.
- Once the Uninstall is complete, navigate to C:\Program Files\ (or C:\Program Files (x86) for 64-bit Windows) and delete the Avalara folder.
- AvaTax for QuickBooks is now uninstalled.