You are trying to post an invoice in QuickBooks but receive error 'Tax could not be calculated: Object Reference not set to instance of an object'.
- Close QuickBooks
- Pull up the Task Manager and end any processes starting with "QB", "Intuit", "AV", "AvaTax", and "Avalara"
- Open QuickBooks
- Click File > AvaTax > Utilities, click Synchronize & View Unresolved Sales Tax Errors
- Select the invoice(s) receiving the error
- Click "Recalculate" or "Calculate All"
- Invoice will display line Total sales tax calculated by AvaTax