You need to issue a refund to a customer, but their tax rate has changed since you invoiced them.
- Enable this in the configuration by clicking File>Avatax> Configuration
- Then open or create a credit memo in Quickbooks.
- Click File>Avatax>Tax Calculation Date
- A calendar should pop up, choose date for tax calculation.
- This will make it so the system uses the rate for the date you have chosen
Note: This is on a credit memo by credit memo basis, and must be done any time you open this credit memo and recalculate, or create a new memo.