An error message with the text "CB-201" is displayed when trying to access the AvaTax service and you want to know how to avoid it.
- Ensure that all the AvaTax dialogue windows are closed. If the issue continues, you'll want o
- Close QuickBooks, end all the QuickBooks processes in Task Manager
- Look for AvalaraEvenCallback.dll in Task Manager and if present end it
- Restart QuickBooks and process transactions.
- For QuickBooks 11 and higher, uncheck Keep QuickBooks running for quick start, found under Edit >Preferences in the General section