You want to calculate tax on memorized transactions in QuickBooks
- If your accounting practices include automatic memorized transactions, the transactions may miss the trigger for tax calculation.
- If you wish to make sure that all transactions utilize the AvaTax Calc service, change your Avalara configuration settings:
- File > AvaTax > Configuration > Tax Calculation Tab
- Check the box labeled "Disable Automatic Calculation".
- This will change the behavior of the AvaTax service to put all transactions on the error list, found in the AvaTax menu.
- Next you will want to push your transactions to the error list by going to:
- File > AvaTax > Synchronize and View Unresolved Sale Tax Errors
- Click "Yes" on the next popup
- Click "Calculate All"
- This will calculate all transactions that are showing in the error list.