When running a sales order tax is not calculating.
- Ensure the 'Default Tax Code' for United States is populated with 'AVATAX'. In NetSuite, go to 'Setup' > 'Accounting' > 'Set Up Taxes'.
- Ensure 'TAXABLE' is checked and Tax Item is 'AVATAX' on the customer card/record (Financial tab).
- Ensure line item Tax Code field is set AVATAX
- Ensure the item is not mapped to a non-taxable tax code.
- Ensure the customer doesn't have an exemption certificate.
- Ensure Nexus is enabled for the ship to address/location in AvaTax Update.
- Enable 'Per Line Taxes on Transactions' in NetSuite. Go to Setup > Company > Setup Taxes.
- Once 'Per Line Taxes on Transactions' is enabled. Create a brand-new Sales Order/Invoice. Do not copy an existing Sales Order/Invoice.
- Native NetSuite 'Tax' column on line item on invoice will be replaced with 'Tax Code' column.