You have set up a Canada entity in Avalara and need to assign settings within Netsuite so that the data will flow through to AvaTax.
- First, create two Canadian tax codes. Within NetSuite, go to Setup > Accounting > Tax Codes > New
- The first code should be Avatax-GST. The other should be Avatax-PST
- Create both with 0.0% tax rates
- For the PST tax code, select any Province
- Second, create a new Canadian Tax Group. Go to Setup > Accounting > Groups > New
- Name this new tax group Avatax-CAN
- Set the tax rate to 0.0%
- Map the GST and PST tax codes to the tax group
- Last, set the default tax code to Avatax-CAN. Go to Setup > Accounting > Setup Taxes
For more information, see Create Tax Codes for Canada.