You want to know how to prevent specific transactions from being sent to Avalara AvaTax from NetSuite.
- You will need to create your own tax code. To create a tax code in NetSuite, go to Setup > Accounting > Tax Codes > New.
- Set the 'Tax item' on customer record ('Financial' tab) to anything other than AVATAX or -Not Taxable-.
- The -Not Taxable- tax code is native tax code within NetSuite. It will trigger tax calculation if AvaTax is enabled.
Note: Using custom tax codes, the AVATAX tab of the invoice will display errors such as...
- 'This Document has not used AvaTax Services for Tax Calculation. Taxcode selected is not an AVATAX Taxcode'
- 'Taxcode is not set to AVATAX or the Tax rates are not equal to zero for all the line items'.