You want to know how to prevent specific transactions from being sent to Avalara AvaTax from NetSuite.
- You will need to create your own tax code. To create a tax code in NetSuite, go to Setup > Accounting > Tax Codes > New.
- Set the 'Tax item' on customer record ('Financial' tab) to anything other than AVATAX or -Not Taxable-.
- The -Not Taxable- tax code is native tax code within NetSuite. It will trigger tax calculation if AvaTax is enabled.
- Do not leave the 'Tax Item' field blank. If blank, the default tax code from the Avalara configuration will be used.
- The customer can also be set to a tax schedule that is not AVATAX, -Not Taxable- as well.
Note: The AvaTax tab of the invoice will display 'This Document has not used AvaTax Services for Tax Calculation. Taxcode selected is not an AVATAX Taxcode'.