You added a new subsidiary to NetSuite and need it to use AvaTax.
NetSuite OneWorld has subsidiary capability. NetSuite Basic does not.
- In Netsuite: go to Avalara > Setup > Configure Avalara
- Enter the License Key, Username, and Password. Then, click Validate.
- Go to the Tax Calculation tab.
- Scroll down and find the new subsidiary.
- Click on that row, in the second column, and switch the Default Tax Code setting to AvaTax.
- On the customer records for the new subsidiary, ensure the Tax Item is set to AvaTax.
- Update the subsidiary's Default Company Code to match the company code you set in AvaTax.