You see that the typical rate for a jurisdiction is higher than the rate showing on your invoice and want to know why.
- Please check the address to confirm it is in the expected location and valid.
- If an address is invalid, it could calculate unexpected rates.
- Please check if any exemptions or entity use codes are applied.
- There are certain exemption types that change tax rates for some jurisdictions.
- Please check the tax date of the transaction.
- If you have selected to override the tax date, then the rates may changed based off of what they were at that time.