Running a Sales and Seller's Use Tax Summary, or Jurisdiction Detail report. My tax amount does not match up with the taxable amount multiplied by the tax rate.
- Some tax codes will tax a special rate for one or more jurisdictions
- Since the Sales and Sellers Use tax Jurisdiction Detail report separates tax details by jurisdiction, you can see one jurisdiction with a different amount
- If you run this report in HTML format and click on the link for that jurisdiction, you can review the tax calculation by local jurisdiction on each transaction
- If you credit and re-bill a transaction for an exempt customer from a previous period.
- This will cause the tax credit to be there while the sales amount in the current period to be a net 0.
- Some states have partial exemptions.
- For instance, California has a partial exemption for Industrial/Manufacturing. They still calculate tax but at a lower rate.