Skip to main content
Avalara Help Center

Should I notify the states if our company has moved and we have a new address?


You would like to know if you should notify the states that your business has moved to a new address.


Avalara Returns


  • Anytime there is a change to your company details, address, name, etc, you should notify the Department of Revenue
    • Please call or email the Department of Revenue for states you file in
      • Most states will have this information listed on their website Contact Us page.
      • For example, here is the Washington State DOR contact information
  • Avalara cannot assist with the update to your account. However, once you have updated the information with the Department of Revenue, Avalara can assist you in updating the return filing calendars found in the Admin Console.





  • Was this article helpful?