An invoice on the Avalara AvaTax Admin Console must be modified to be taxable. There is an exemption certificate in AvaTax for this customer.
- Find the document in the Transactions tab of the Avalara AvaTax Admin Console.
- Click on the blue text to open it, and click the orange Edit button.
- Remove all text from the Exemption Number field.
- Type "Taxable" into the Entity/Use Code field.
- Click the Calculate Tax button, on the far left.
- Select an Adjustment Reason.
- Save the document as Committed
- Make certain these changes are also reflected in your accounting system.