You would like to make a customer tax exempt in a country outside of the US or Canada.
- Unselected Global Nexus for the country in question will not return a tax result.
- Populate the Buyer's VAT Number (only available in some integration)
- B2B transactions: Buyer's VAT ID must be on the transaction
- Reverse charge transactions (Purchase Invoices): Buyer's VAT ID must be on the transaction
- Or, in the Admin Console, create an Exempt Entity tax rule making a custom entity use code (such as "Z") exempt.
- Then use that Entity Use Code on the exempt transactions.
- You can also use the exemption number field in your accounting system/ERP.
- Then, an exempt entity rule (see below) making Entity Use L exempt in that county will need to be created.
- This is because the Exemption number field passes into a different value than the VAT number.
- For Information on how to create the rule see here