When importing it results in the error message "Input Header row missing or invalid".
- This error indicates the import file included an unexpected column header in row 1, or a column is missing, correct this by importing with the correct template
- Get the correct template:
- In the Avalara Admin console go to Tools > click Import Data > choose the type of import you need > click Download
- Copy the information form your file and paste it into the new template (excluding the headers - row 1)
- Import using the new file, make sure to select the import type for the template you are using