You want to know how to map items in Zuora to tax codes.
- Add the tax codes to Zuora:
- Go to Z-Billing Settings > Setup Taxation Codes > click add new tax code
- List the Tax Code (Avalara Pro Code or Custom Code) in Tax Code Name and then Save.
- Upload PlaceholderTaxRates.csv file (download here, unzip to obtain .CSV) > click import tax rates > click Ok
- Repeat until all the tax codes you need are added then move on to the next step
- Add the tax code to the Product:
- Click Product Catalog > click Product Name > click Edit
- Hover your mouse over a rate plan then click Edit
- Scroll down to Taxation:
- Taxable: Check the box
- Tax Mode: Tax Exclusive
- Tax Code: Select a code from the dropdown menu
Note: All items you want AvaTax to get information about (even if it will always be non-taxable) must have a tax code set and have Taxable checked, without a tax code the item will never be sent through to Avalara.