I have a customer who is only exempt at one level of the composite rate and I need to set up Avatax to calculate for them specifically the tax less that rate.
- This can be achieved by creating an Exempt Entity rule for that specific jurisdiction with isalljuris set to off or 0.
- IsallJuris needs to be turned off for this to work which means you can not use the UI.
- So you will need to import the rule using the the rule import template.
- *Note* This will only work if your accounting software has the ability to send entity use codes to Avatax, and specifically a custom one.
- You need to be sure to assign your customer record to this custom entity use code and then make your Exempt Entity rule for that specific entity use code.