I need to change the form to file in Colorado from the DR-0173 to the DR-0100.
- Login to the Admin Console and choose the Tax Returns tab->Manage Filing Calendars
- Select the correct company for which you need to make the change.
- In the "Search by Effective Date:' area, enter in a date in the past, such as 01/01/2012.
- To do this, click on the current date, and choose the date from the pop up calendar
- In the 'Live Filing Calendar(s):' section, locate the CO DR-0173 form, and click on the Form name, which is colored blue.
- Note, you may need to page over until you see the form.
- Then, click on the 'Expire' button.
- The current form will need to be expired, before the DR-0100 has been added.
- If you need to file both sales tax and use tax, DO NOT expire and skip to below to add the DR-0100 form.
- You do not need to change any of the fields at this point.
- You will also need to take note of the information currently added, as you will required to renter the information in just a moment.
- You can still go back to the expired filing calendar, using the same steps as above.
- To add the new form, go back to the Manage Filing Calendars tab
- Click on the orange 'Add New Filing Calendar' button
- In the State/Province Field, select Colorado, then select the DR-0100 form name, then Continue, in orange.
- You will then be supplied with a blank filing calendar form, which will need the information from the previous DR-0173 form to be entered.
- From here, enter in the required information, replicating what you previously from the old form.
- Take special note or the Filing Frequency, Filing Type, State Registration Number, and if needed, efile username and password.
- You can cancel here, and go back to you recently expired filing calendar to copy the information, if needed.
- At this time, there is no need to alter the 'Effective From:' date
- It will be adjusted by Avalara, if needed.
- The 'Notes;' section can be used at your discretion.
- It is critical that this information is correct when entered, as it will be what Avalara uses to file the tax returns on your behalf.
- Once you have entered all the information needed, click on the orange Save button at the bottom.
- You will now see this filing in the 'Submitted Filing Calendar(s):' section.
- It will be shown in the 'Live Filing Calendar(s):' in one to two business days.